Thursday, February 22, 2018

9 weeks!

How preggo I am: 9 Weeks. And a day because I'm late writing this. Which also means I have no obscure time  measurement either.

Baby size: Pecan or grape sized, about an inch long and weighs 2 grams. Also the baby no longer has a tail and is starting to develop genitals. Weird.

Morning sickness: Slightly better? I'm still puking less which is a plus but I feel nauseous probably like 90% of the time. Blehhhh.

Food cravings/aversions: So weirdly tomatoes are ok right now. I've always liked tomato based things a lot as long as I can avoid the chunks of tomatoes. I'm not a fan of the texture, it makes me feel kinda queasy when I'm not pregnant. But it it somehow not a problem right now in the midst of morning sickness. I'm not going to question it.

Other symptom: Still so tired, having crazy dreams, peeing all the time and I think I'm getting some hearburn and bloat going on now. My life revolves around making sure I eat food and trying to not feel terrible after eating food or while too hungry. I'm tired of thinking about it. And my boobs hurt. Lyra is constantly digging her elbows into them when she leans against me or tries to lean on me to stand up or whatever. Toddlers know where you're weak spots are, I swear.

Weight gain: Who knows?

Mood: Still kinda moody....

Gender: I should know in a week! I took the blood test yesterday. I think the guy was inexperienced because my arm hurts real bad now. Also, I'm throwing a sex party. Not that kind. Seriously though, I'm having a taco bar and meatballs and weenies and having friends over to reveal what this one is. I got penis cookie cutters in the mail and vagina candy molds. I have so many good ideas for this. pictures will be included in one of the next couple posts.

Here's a cute picture of Lyra. Just so that the next 2 pictures aren't the default pictures that show up when I share this post :)

Vagina candy molds. I'm thinking gummies or ganache maybe.

And of course, penis cookie cutters. 

Lyra stats: This week was a boycott nap week, it was rough. Also, she's noticed she has nipples this week. Inexplicably she's started calling them "kks." I have no clue why or how she came up with this. She refers to my boobs as "boobs" or "milk" and I've never called nipples anything cutesy in front of her and I've even explicitly said to her, "Those are your nipples." But the consistent reply I get from her is, "No, mama, those kks!" Followed by her hysterical laughter. I guess she thinks she's making a joke?? Another weird Lyra habit lately is her tendency to lick people. Mostly because I always shriek, "Stop that, you weirdo! What are you doing?" and she thinks that's funny.

What I miss: Mimosa brunch.

Best moment this week: Today when Lyra fell asleep 5 minutes after I laid her down for nap.

Looking forward to: Finding out if I'm growing testicles or another vagina.