Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Captain's Log: 7 weeks

How preggo I am: 7 weeks. 47,040 moments pregnant. Because obviously a moment is 90 seconds.

Baby size: Raspberry or playing dice sized

Morning sickness: So sick. All the time nausea and throwing up like 5 times a day morning sickness. Way worse than any other pregnancy I've had so far.

Food cravings/aversions: Everything tastes awful and even if I want something in theory, it's hard to choke it down. Salt and vinegar chips were pretty good the other day though which was a nice break.

Other symptom: I am exhausted. And my dreams are getting crazy vivid. I had one involving murderous bison and hockey lately that was kinda bonkers.  Then there was also racquetball against Dumbledore and Snape. Also scrabble but in teams and in a wave pool and the letters were on wooden balls. And a lucid dream lately too which hasn't happened in a long time. I don't know that it's pregnancy related but my ribs have been hurting. Just this ring of pain around my upper torso. I'm just waiting and watching that for now .  It hurt really bad last night but chilled out a bit again. Maybe I pulled a muscle puking. That would be my life.

Weight gain: I haven't lost weight as of my trip to the doctor for yet another virus I came down with recently. I know I'm throwing myself a pity party lately but seriously, I was sick for 4 weeks and I'm just now finally getting better and I'm not convinced it will stick yet.

Mood: I'm channeling Regina George right now. I'm so mean.

Gender: Unknown. I'm going to take the Panorama test that will tell us this along with other genetic insights. So I should know in 3 weeks, when results come back.

Lyra stats: Honestly she's been pretty standard this week. She got to go to the zoo with Travis when I didn't feel well and had a blast apparently.

What I miss: Feeling good.

Best moment this week: The first ultrasound! I'm glad to see that there's only one baby, and it's measuring well (ahead by 4 days but my due date is not being changed) and has a heartbeat. It wasn't as exciting or as happy as the past early ultrasounds. I feel a lot more cautious about it because it feels less sure.  But good news is still good news to appreciate for now.

And there's the little baby!

Looking forward to: Finally not being sick and getting out of the house again and seeing people. And also the Panorama test. I have no patience.