- Beer. This beats out number 2 purely because I get some for cheap on the flight home. (It’s not allowed on the slope.)
- Travis. Because he cleans the house before I get home, has my favorite foods and activities waiting, and also has beer with me.
- Roxi. She’s more behaved than ever before and gets thoroughly overexcited to see me.
- Springtime! Or at least weather above 30 degrees. The snow storms here are sideways. I was already being shown giant snowdrifts that take you by surprise because they pile up from old snow and wind. And I can’t even imagine how the visibility drops in winter.
- More effective blackout shades. I forgot a sleeping mask and the shades just don’t cut it.
- Sven. He is the our adorable two year old yurt buddy who likes to visit because we have hard hats and a dog. And sometimes I feed him chocolate chips and we watch movies. Word on the street is that hooligan is on our porch trying to win Travis over with Tonka trucks right now. One-upping the hot wheel Camaro I brought to Travis the last time I came home. Apparently they are best friends now. I’ll have to win them both over again!
The other exciting news, I have a roommate. I saw her in the dark without my glasses on right as I was headed to bed and again this morning, again half asleep and mostly blind. So I’m thinking I might meet her this evening, but we shall see.